Well! Sumayyah's got perfect timing! I haven't been able to think of anything to post about for days and days. Now she has given me warm and fuzzy and shiny awards! *huggles Sumayyah*
The first is the Creative Writer Award.
Upon receiving this award, I am told I must list 10 things that brighten my day. So, here we go!
1) Writing. (Figured I ought to start with the obvious.) It gives me such a happy buzz and my characters are always so entertaining and if not for writing, I never would have met...
2) The twifties! Who are all such amazing and wonderful people and shall live in a twiftie castle after they have taken over the world with their awesome books. Mark my words! It shall happen! :)
3) Music. Good music can get me out of any foul mood and motivates my muse.
4) Yummy food. I love yummy food. Gruyere cheese, and salmon wellington, and that creamy salmon thing with gherkins, and tuna melts, and chocolate chip pancakes with peaches and a hotdog/sausage...Om nom nom nom!
5) Nice weather. The kind that isn't too hot and isn't too cold and makes the air smell sweet and fresh and inspires me to actually leave my hermit-hole!
6) M*A*S*H. I don't know why exactly, but this show always leaves me with a happy, fuzzy feeling. I luuuurves it.
7) Humming one note of an entirely random song (i.e. that song the captured pirates sing at the beginning of the third Pirates movie) and having my little sister join in with me.
8) Swinging. Like, on a swing set. I used to swing for hours when I was little, daydreaming about my characters (then total LOTR rip-offs). I still love it. I just can't always find a convenient swing set.
9) Not having anything that I have to do. It's a lovely feeling, to be able to write without a little voice in the back of my head telling me I really should be doing something else.
10) Spending time with my aunt and cousins. They're gonna give me laugh lines by the time I'm 20, I swear. My face is stuck that way the entire time I'm down there.
And there we have it!
The second award is the Sunshine Award which is bright and happy and prettiful:
The rules for the Sunshine Award are as follows:
1) Put the logo within your post or on your sidebar.
2) Share the love and pass the award to 12 other bloggers.
3) Link the nominees inside of your post.
4) Comment on the nominees' blogs to let them know you've just given them props. :)
5) Give a shout-out to the person who nominated, and post a ling to his/her blog as well.
Now, I'm going to do what Sumayyah did and pass both these awards out to the following 12 people -- some of whom have already gotten them, but they're so awesome they deserve doubles. ;)
In no particular order:
1) Caitlin because she writes with such a beautiful voice and comments on so much of my rambling.
2) Amna (whose blog I all of a sudden cannot find to link! o.O) because she makes me giggle so frequently.
3) Choco because she makes shiny literary magazines and posts so much awesomeness on her blog.
4) Vero because she understands what I'm complaining about when I say it's freezing up here, she's going to send lovely chocolatey care packages to our deprived southern neighbours, and because everyone should go look at her shiny new blog layout!
5) B because she just recently started an amazing blog and already has a big ol' following (as she should!)
6) Race because she snared an agent with her awesomeness and has a shiny new website that must be shown off!
7) Margo because she's part of an amazing crit group and she writes awesome books about kelpies!
8) Bee because she made me feel all warm and fuzzy about my attempt at a plot summary
and she must be encouraged to start blogging again! *facepalm* She is blogging! With much more regularity than me! XD I somehow managed to misread the date of her last post as May 3, rather than March 3. Oooops.
9) Emilia because she SINGS!
10) Leasie because she recently completed the first draft of her WIP, Mortal Affairs and the snippets I've read are awesome!
11) Krista because I just stumbled across her blog (YAY! She blogs!) when I was Googling around for Amna's and cannot leave such an awesome Opwifter out.
12) Dystophil because I also just found HER blog and she's been sticking with the same (awesome) WIP for YEARS! I is awed.
And now I really must be off to bed because 12:22 has somehow crept up on me and I actually have to get out of bed at a reasonable time tomorrow.