Saturday, August 8, 2009

Strawberry Shortcake

Strawberry shortcake, huckleberry pie, who's gonna be my lucky guy...

Anyone remember that jumprope game? And then you'd go through the alphabet and when the rope got caught on your feet you had to pick a boy whose name started with the letter you were at and he'd be your future husband, or whatever?

It was like, the most awesome-est game ever when I was 7. But unfortunately the guy I had a crush on was named Adam, which meant I had to purposely trip right at the beginning so I would be able to say his name. That or make it all the way through the alphabet once and then trip when we restarted at A. Things improved when I met Sean.

Anyway, the real reason I was talking about strawberry shortcake was because I made some yesterday. It's the first thing I've ever baked unsupervised and I didn't burn the house down! It even turned out to be edible. *dances around*

On a more literary note, the library sent me an angry letter about my $33 fine. I'm supposed to pay is "as promptly as possible". Heh. Heh. Heh.

I miss being able to go to the library.

Writing-wise, I'm still slogging away on my WIP and trying to come up with a title for the book I'm about to start querying. I'm also trying to learn how to use Dreamweaver so I can make myself a pretty website and look all marketable and such. Which reminds me - I have to buy a domain before someone else nicks my name.

Anywhooo, enough babbling for one day. I have Calculus, and Physics, and Computer Programming assignments to do. *grumbles*

3 comments:

  1. I have neames for my two novel, but no name for the series, that my issue. I want a real website too, but i don't hink anyone will have my name as a domain name which is what i will want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear you need to find someone to blackmail to get that 33.

    Or you can win my contest and I send you the cash instead of a book. Hey, its a plan. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I quite like both of those plans, Race. =D

    Bahaha! Novel Idea: Teen blackmails foreign evil dictator to get him to pay off her $33 library fine.

    ReplyDelete